|View single post by Reg H|
|Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 06:40 pm||
|There has been some progress on the log dump.
It is going together pretty rapidly.
I know everyone recommends using a weathered gray finish.
I have that option in my bag of tricks. I just prefer the brown stain.
In the end, I don't need to please anyone but myself.
I just about had a disaster with the beams.
The instructions are not crystal clear on how they are to be installed.
I went ahead and glued them in the way I thought they should be.
I was about to pack it all up and go upstairs, pleased with the progress.
But something just kept bugging me,
kind of a nag in the back of my mind, that it wasn't right.
For one thing, I had left over parts.
My experience with the mill is that BTS doesn't provide any extra structural parts.
So I went back to it, looked it over and poured over the instructions looking for a clue.
Sure enough, kind of buried in an unrelated drawing,
the beams show up, and I had not installed them correctly.
Fortunately, the glue had not firmly set up.
Had I not caught it there would have been some very serious problems down the road.