|View single post by Andy R|
|Posted: Fri Nov 8th, 2019 07:03 pm||
Sorry to hear of your eye problems.
Take care of them, they are not easily replaceable!
I have been 'playing' with a couple of the S-Cab BPS for a while.
Nice units but, as you write, somewhat large,
and unnecessarily high current rating for OO, but OK for 0 Gauge.
The basic principle is simple:
- Bridge rectifier connected to track pickups, followed by
- 5V regulator to give a stable supply for the
- Li-Po charger for permanently connected 1S Li-Po cell connected to
- 9V or 12V booster via FET switch plus
- Microprocessor to keep track of everything
It seems like the right way to go,
one less "hand of god" intervention during an operating session.
I now have enough locos to make checking and charging a PITA.
My idea of nirvana is a R/C enabled BPS,
that can let me know when a loco needs charging,
even when it is packed away in its box.