|View single post by Bill Fornshell|
|Posted: Tue Jul 31st, 2007 03:38 am||
This is what I looked at:
1. Futaba 2DR on sale for $39.99 but out of stock. They are ordering me one at the sale price but It will be a week or so till it comes in. The guy helping me thinks the Futaba 2DR will control 2 engines with little or no problem if I want to do that. He will help me set it up that way.
2. Receiver - "Tazer 12T - Dynamit" - $40.
3. Battery Pack - Cheap one for now. 8.4 volts $20. Charger for it is $10.
I want to get the first one up and running. Then I will decide how many and what kinds of Motive Power I want / need.
4. All the above will fit into something the size of a Bachmann On30 "stock" car. My smallest McKeen Motor Car will be about as big as the "Stock" car.
5. Motors - working on the type of motor I will try. I have several motors to pick from.
The R/C guys at the store showed a lot of interest in what I want to do. They picked up on the benifit of a battery powered engine and NO wires fast.