View single post by Dave D
 Posted: Sun Feb 7th, 2010 02:03 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Dave D

Joined: Mon Jan 23rd, 2006
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3299
Thinned Floquil rust.....I will have to remember that next time I need to paint something plastic to look like newer wood...Thanks!

I have begun to call that technique you like so much " Bleed painting".

I know it is a technique used by all you "Old School" modelers, but have never heard a name for it.

As you use it to get the undercoat color to bleed through the top coat, it seems to fit.

My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master.
Close Window