|View single post by martin_wynne|
|Posted: Mon Mar 21st, 2011 11:43 am||
|Don asked me to post a quick guide to inserting pictures in your posts using the integrated Gallery.
The following is quite easy to do, but works only in Internet Explorer and Firefox. If you are using a different browser such as Opera or Chrome you must insert images in the same way as you did on the old forum.
1. When you are typing a message and reach the point where you want to insert an image, press the ENTER key to get a nice clear new line.
2. Click the button above the typing area. It's the last one in the row.
3. A page will appear showing all your Gallery pictures.
4. If the one you want is already there, just click it.
4a. It will immediately appear in your message, resized to not more than 800 x 600 size.
4b. Press the ENTER key again to continue typing below it.
5. If the picture is not already there, click the Upload Photo link at the top right.
6. A page will appear with a button labelled Browse or Choose. Click it.
7. Navigate on your computer to where the picture is saved, and click it.
8. Having selected your picture, click the Upload button.
9. Wait a few moments for it to upload to the Gallery.
10. A page will appear showing all your Gallery pictures, with the new one at the top left. Click it.
11. It will immediately appear in your message, resized to not more than 800 x 600 size.
12. Press the ENTER key again to continue typing below it.
13. When ready, click Post Reply or Preview buttons in the usual way.
Easy-peasy, once you have tried it a few times.
Note that the picture must be less than 3MB in file size, and not more than 6 Megapixels (e.g. not more than 3000 x 2000 pixels).
If your camera produces pictures larger than that, for example some digital SLRs, you must resize them yourself before uploading, otherwise you will get an error. A good free program for resizing images is Irfanview -- download from: http://www.irfanview.com/