View single post by Ray Dunakin
 Posted: Sat Nov 4th, 2017 05:56 am
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Ray Dunakin

 

Joined: Wed Jul 25th, 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1243
Status: 
Offline
I've made a little more progress on the diesel engine...


This part was made from a piece of 6mm Sintra mounted on a sheet of .020" thick styrene. The bolt heads were made from thin slices of hexagon rod:






The plastic "pupils" from a set of cheap googly-eyes was just the right size for the disks on the side of the engine block:






At this point I realized that I had made a mistake when I added the arch at the top of the engine. There is supposed to be an overhanging extension at the front of the engine block, with the arch on top of that. So I added the overhang, then extended the front of the arch, and cut some off the rear of the arch. Here's how it all looks so far:










There are twenty small covers, plus ten large covers, on the engine, that look sort of like cookie jar lids. I've been trying to find an easy way to make them. Here's my first attempt. I think I'm on the right track, but this one is pretty rough. I'm going to try making another one, and if it turns out good enough, I'll try making a silicone mold and casting the rest of them:





That's all for now. Enjoy!



.



____________________
Visit http://www.raydunakin.com to see photos of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!
Close Window