Been' following your thread Dave, outstanding modeling, fantastic weathering, details, everything. Award winning dio coming together. The addition of the base is really pulling this artwork together. What an inspiration!!
I added some yellow and blue to the water so it didn't look quiet as brown. After more stupid problems I got the sand in and the bridge painted. I haven't decided on all the elements that I'm going to use yet. I'm going to start on the grass and other green stuff and make some trees next.
I'm going to seal the tugs to the base with clear silicone before I pour the water. They're not pushed down all the way in the picture. It's a really tight fit in the plaster because of the rudders and props.
It was suggested (on another forum) that my road shouldn't have seams in it and the color wasn't right. Also, that the sides of the bridge are to heavy looking. I thought about just making a new bridge rather then rebuild the old one, but I figured I'd fix the road first. Thing got really screwed up and the paint peeled off and it messed up the plaster. I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm pretty sure if I try it's going to end up messing up other stuff. I'm seriously considering trashing the whole diorama.