Pine Gap...wasn't that an old US military base on Aussie soils, supposed to have nukes or something? Better model a few malformed trees suffering a bit of radiation sickness or something (maybe some three eyed fish in the creek!).
The Heki grass looks pretty nice. I used a bit of that gear on my bush box the other day...is it the stuff that comes as a matted sheet and you just pull out what you need (don't have the reference number handy). I found it handy for doing long grasses that were flowing over a river bank and hanging down (will have some more pics after the weekend, but the diorama is half packed ready for an exhibition). It also seems to go a lot further than the silfor grass clumps i normally use.
Last edited on Tue Jan 24th, 2012 05:39 am by danpickard
I haven't done a lot to the LCRR this past week. Added some details where the Shay shed is to go. Put some real coal in two Bachmann high sided gons and some decomposed Granite left overs in a low sided gon.
A bit more ballasting and some more wild grass around Pine Gap.
Two weeks ago I got to weather my Christmas present a Bachmann sound equiped Porter (sorry Woodie no engineer as yet).
My Shay has had some weathering but no added details.
Next week I am heading off on a three hour road trip to paint a good friends N Scale backdrop.
Nothing done last week so I thought I would post some images of a Bachmann railcar I started to work on last year. The cab and crane is from Backwoods Miniatures. I want to add some cable, pulleys and a hook that I found in a model ship shop to the crane and might even add lights in the cab headlights if I get the nerve if not they might get mounted to the cab roof.
The Truck needs a lot of work to get it to run well as I belive that the universals and diff are a bit rough and are causing binding issues.
Unfortunately this image I posted is an older shot. The truck does now have a windscreen to keep out flying wombats and side widows to boot still no lights but.
Lots of junk to go on also. My missus has a list of to do's so that's stopped that for today.
This is getting serious, no work on the Lost Creek for two weeks although I have assembled 15 Grant Line switch stands that are now awaiting some paint. So I thought at least I would post a couple more pics.
This dynamite shed is from Banta, after sealing the plaster as recommended in the instructions I just dabbed on random light coats of tan and other earth tones. The roof is still to be done and the walls have had a few coats of dull coat since this was taken
I am building the tressle out of 1/4 inch balsa, it seems to be ok so far.
To lay the ties for the trestle I first cut the spacers from between every tie on the ME track and as I glued them down with Super Glue I just removed them from the rail one by one. I have yet to complete this also.