Well, I haven't done much lately. For a while I am building this tankcar. Made of spareparts and an old tankcar. The only thing usefull of the old tankcar was the tank itself, and even that needed a lot of work. The dome is from an N-scale tankcar, I used the end of the tank.
Made two tractors from a Woodland Scenics kit. A John Deere model A (right) and a model D (left). The package contained two model A kits. The model A is built without any changes.
I don't see the fun of two the same tractor models so I changed the second kit to a model D. The engine and tank is shortened. The steering build from scratch. The exhaust changed position. The rear wheels are placed further back. And some mudgaurds and the platform for the driver are made.
It only needs some additional paint.
Not sure if I going to wheater these or leave them this way and make a tractor store who sells them as new.
I had a white metal kit of a Best 60 (or CAT) dozer. Construction was ok although some parts were not included (cable, some handles and the two pins for the attachement of the blade to the tracks). Personally I think all parts needed to build a kit should be included.
I wheatered it like it is used but not old or rusty.
Also some work on the layout is done. Last year I poured in some water in the river. I found some stuff on the material which looked really nice. But once I used it the results were disappointing. I used some angelhair kinda stuff, but it ws everywere except in the places were I wanted it. Also some stuff for making waves (that is also the name of the product, "making waves"), but that turned out to white and to course.
So I was not satisfied with the results and decided to do it all over.
I painted the old water grey/black. Made some new rocks. Added some moss. Poured in the water. It is a 2 components resin.
Dry brushed some white paint for the foam.
After that I started with the greens on one side. The other side has still to be done.
Just the water.
Same place, the white paint added.
The first greenery in place.
Same location as first photo, now with some green.
Last edited on Sun Jan 7th, 2018 04:39 pm by Alwin
Excellent result Alwin, it looks quite "mobile" and the rocks are a great way to set the water off. I used resin for Updah's creek and learned very quickly that you need to ensure that the bed is sealed first as the resin eats through any foam that it contacts with alarming speed!