Thought I would show a few pictures of the progress.
Below two pic's are of the station which will be placed on the curved section to the right, which needs to be built (layout got bigger with the garage conversion).
The below pictures are the dropper wires, red and black is for the track and the brown wires are for the vee's on the points.
Below pic is the small wooden bridge across the creek to the coal mine. Excuse the cocktail sticks these are just holding the bridge in place.
Below is the two streams join and where the longer bridge will be for the main line, this was built but I took it out to do a few adjustments. The main line on the left hand side is now glued down. I know this looks a bit messy at the moment but once a few more rocks are in place and gaps field it should look ok. Then the hole area will be painted with an air brush and then weathered and highlighted as need be.
The next few pics are of the same area with my Bachmann H0 conversion and a chivers truck.
Cant wait to start some static grass martin will be asking some question when I get to that stage.
Don't know if you already know but there's a book by wild swan for grasses and one for tree making looks really good.
Hay there, thought you would like the H0 Bachmann bash. Have the 0-6-0 switcher as well to do, want to base it on the same style as Dave C. All though I did put a wider and long boiler with no water tank on it and it looked pretty cool with a set of front and rear pony wheels.
Last edited on Sun May 11th, 2014 08:43 pm by Shoulders
Well I know at the beginning after doing EM gauge, that I just wanted to keep the modelling simple to build and all off the shelve ready to run, kits and peco track and I know I converted a peco set track curved point that was pretty simple to do in the end.
I wanted another siding but could the points in to were I wanted it or with out turning another siding into a head shunt so I ended up making a cross over with one route straight and the other on a 3rd radius (peco) to go from the main line across the passing loop to the front of the layout on the right hand side.
The track was already laid out in the original formation so I but a sheet of A3 over the top and the split a pencil in half and stencilled the track work onto the paper. carefully I removed to section of track (3rd radius) and main line. Then but the point in and and straight section that would cross the 3rd radius piece.
I then had my track work plane which I could doon my work bench of the crossover. Then I stuck down the pcb sleepers, cut and filed the track pieces, then soldered them into place.
Here are some pictures that may make what Im saying a bit easier to understand.
Sorry don't know how to explain this all simply with out boring people
Here's a few more pictures with better day light. Was sunny today for the first time in a long while.
This is the modular section that I had already started the scenic work on.
This next shot shows the next modular piece and is the left had side of the layout. The alignment dowels have now been fitted and is ready to go and the final track plane has been laid out using setrack. The river will continue up the baseboard and towards the end will be a watermill which the siding will serve. After the L/H bend is the fiddle yard.
This Picture shows the right hand side of the layout and pictured are the two main module to show the cross over, this will lead to the fruit and veg store, then across a road to the station yard which is going to be on the next module yet to be made.
The next two pictures are close up's of the cross over.
Last edited on Wed May 14th, 2014 05:53 pm by Shoulders