Freerails Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Freerails IS ACCEPTING new Members ... To join Freerails ... See how to Register as a Member in the 'Joining Freerails' Forum

'The M-K & Eastern R.R.'
 Moderated by: W C Greene Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2018 08:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
31st Post
Michael G
Registered


Joined: Tue Jan 12th, 2016
Location: Tommarp, Sweden
Posts: 79
Status: 
Offline
 
Some more progress today.

I've glued the cork.
It's standard HO cork that I cut off a 6 mm (1/4") wide strip to make it fit HOn3 (16.5mm - 10.5mm = 6mm).
Now I have to order more cork .... I need about 40-50 yards.

I've begun on the Spline roadbed.
I'm gluing it with "No more nails" from Pattex on cartridge (I guess it's like liquid nails?).
The splines are 6 mm (1/4") MDF, which is cut in 25 mm (1") wide strips.
There is a need for huge amount of clamps though. Have to find some more, I know I have some...

Time to make all the curved and Y-turnouts as well.






















____________________
Deo Adjuvantis labor proficit
Back To Top

 Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 12:39 am
  PMQuoteReply
32nd Post
Michael G
Registered


Joined: Tue Jan 12th, 2016
Location: Tommarp, Sweden
Posts: 79
Status: 
Offline
Started on the Campbell brewery.

 Content of the kit.



 Some of the tools I use.



 I started by measuring the parts and identifying them with the numbers from the manual.



 I add woodgrain with a wire brush.



 I cut out the windows with a xacto chisel blade, then I stained the areas which were to be glued together.



 I add nail holes with a Trumpeter rivet wheel.



 As you see, the wall lines up on the right side and the left is offset.



 After staining the walls with india ink and alcohol, I paint the peeled off paint.
I use turps on a brush and while the surface is wet, I apply the acrylic paint which then pearls up in places to look like peeled off paint when dry.



 I used a light grey green paint.



 Painted walls.



 The trim was painted green.



 I glued the walls together.



 

 

 

 The floor is glued in place. I added a hole for the stairwell.



 Support beams under the floor.


This is as far as I have gotten now.



____________________
Deo Adjuvantis labor proficit
Back To Top

 Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 01:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
33rd Post
Steven B
Registered


Joined: Thu Aug 13th, 2015
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 293
Status: 
Offline
Nice progress!  I like Campbell kits, ever since a friend was building them in 1979, the year that I got into MRRing in a big way and never looked back.  Good to see this kit being built.:thumb:



____________________
Steven B.
Humboldt & Toiyabe Rwy
Back To Top


 Current time is 02:47 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   

Top



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems