As a follow up on How to make the 44 gallon drums, I decided to add lids to the barrels and made some more barrels.
I used a hollow punch to punch out the lids from styrene, paper (coated with super glue to stiffen the paper) and card board as an experiment.
The styrene was the best product to use by far, as it was the cleanest cut with the punch and the best defined bung holes and lids.
Another punch was used to make the bungs or holes.
The holes were mistakes that worked out OK just a misjudged stroke of the hammer on the punch.
After super glueing the lids in place, a coat of paint was applied, then placed on the layout.
My eyes aren't what they used to be the camera picks the fine detail and shows a few mistakes,
but on the layout you almost don't see them, well I don't.