|View single post by Mikel Parker|
|Posted: Mon Mar 21st, 2022 09:35 pm||
So the first order of business, was to stain the wood.
So I went back and forth,
with what to use, and the look I was after.
And after finding some photos of the prototype,
and looking at various interpretations of models in different gauges,
I decided I wanted a pretty worn look,
and so I went back to an old solution (pun intended).
I had a jar of stain made for Sierra West's engine house 15-20 years ago
(ink and water, with several shades of Polly-S paint all combined)
and after checking it out (funky but not terrible)
soaked my wood in it over night (with agitation now and then).
I figured the flat piece of siding would be a problem, but all seemed good,
and I dried that under weighted glass.
You can see the effect I got, which was kinda cool I thought,
moldy and aged looking.
Attachment: RGS 02 2.jpeg (Downloaded 63 times)