All my modeling came to a screeching halt a couple weeks ago when Cris ended up in the hospital for 9 days following complications from a colonoscopy.
She's home and doing much better now, though she still likely needs surgery for another issue.
Anyway, I've finally finished up the trestle from the mine to the top of the mill.
I installed Grandt Line nut/bolt/washers, and touched up the paint as needed.
I also painted some "nails" onto the planks:
I built a bent to support the middle of the trestle.
Like the stringers, the bent is made of styrene, textured and painted to look like weathered wood.
The NBWs are from Ozark Miniatures:
I had planned to make cast concrete footing for the trestle bent.
However, I decided instead to just cement in some additional rock under it, then build up the ground around it using tinted mortar:
Here are some shots of the finished trestle.
I may still add some braces at a 45 degree angle, between the bent and the stringers:
And just for fun, here are some pics I shot this evening: