I'm still experimenting and finding that I like the flexibility I am getting. The dock, pilings, and roof were done with watercolors on this little bait shop I am working on. When I needed a brown floor for the storeroom, I just dampened that area and scrubbed with a brush. Then I patted the gray until I had the brown I wanted. One thing I neglected to say before is that all of the strip wood was stained with Minwax Express Color walnut water based stain before I added the watercolors. I couldn't find an oak stain like Ackle uses, but the walnut seems to work fine. I've been handling this quite a bit and haven't damaged it that I can see. When I am done, I'll spray it with a matt spray for protection.
I needed a friggie for the bait, so I looked around until I found an old 1940's Philco model like my parents had. Truthfully, I made one from a piece of balsa foam from a picture of one that I found. A little rust and dirt should make it fit right in.
I got the awning up and some railing done today.
Now for a couple of more docks, some steps, and way too many castings to paint.
Last edited on Thu Apr 23rd, 2015 01:19 am by Terry S