Been busy with amendments to the baseboards. The raised mainlines (designed originally for HO or Sn42) worried me when it came to making full use of the area in O gauge. Some measuring of the leftover ply sheet told me I would have to buy another sheet if I discarded the curved sections. I decided to get out the jigsaw and make a patchwork fill of the missing bits after taking out the spacer blocks from under the mainline straights and curves. I came very close to waiting for some leftovers in a local hardware shop scrap bin... I had less than half a square foot of ply left over when I finished. :>)
Also been practising my painting skills for backdrops, been a long time.
When the weather was OK I had the railmotor circulating outside while I splattered paint over various items in the garage.... including me!
Finally the intermittent issues plaguing this loco came to a head. One of the Lima motor bogies shorted out fulltime. In the interim I removed the brushes and part of the gear train and it now runs smoothly with no (what I thought was) pickup issues.
Yes, the same as popsickles over your way.
What?? you are not meant to lick the wood?? Now you tell me Herb!!
These are for the indoor layout, if I was making them for outdoors I would most likely use epoxy. However I have found wood is not the best material for outdoor structures , plastic is much longer lasting.
I also made one using cardboard first painted in shellac for the palings.
That's the problem in O scale Charles, the pop sticks need cutting in half for palings, being cheap wood, apt to splinter, they often need careful work with a saw, rather than a quick swipe with the knife.
I visited a layout in Qld some years ago. Outdoors in 1/2" scale using gauge one track to represent the 3'6" gauge of the prototype. He used the regular thick pop sticks for much of his work, including the wood panelling for the carriage sides.